Spiralized vegetables are wonderful options for eating healthy. Indeed there are many combinations you can cook using your spiralizer. Thankfully, it’s a simple way to cook vegetables. For working moms like me, a spiralizer is a necessity! We all sometimes run out of ideas of what to cook. Fortunately, there are many recipes to help. There are specific vegetables that are best to be spiralized. As a result, this is the new way to create healthier meals.
What vegetables are best for spiralizing?
Some of the best vegetables to use are summer squash, zucchini, butternut squash, and carrots. For example, the vegetables with solid cores are best to use. In reality, it creates a pasta style texture due to its hardcore. You can spiralize sweet potatoes, cucumbers, avocados, parsnips, and beets.
- Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Feta, and Spinach – This is one of the easy and simple recipes to cook. For example, add the noodles with seasoned sauteed chicken and spinach along with light feta. Next, toss noodles frequently and serve the portions.
- Kale, Avocado, and Sweet Potato Noodle Breakfast Bowl – Specifically, place spiralized noodles in the skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Make sure to season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Also be sure to toss noodles consistently. The last step is to add kale and avocado. Be sure to season noodles with salt and pepper. When finished serve and divide into two bowls.
- Chicken Sausage, Broccoli, and Zucchini Noodles with Parmesan – First, add chicken sausage over medium-high heat until browned. In addition, add garlic and broccoli in the skillet. Once the vegetables and sausage are sauteed add the zucchini noodles and toss well.
- Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Charred Corn and Spicy Shrimp – Mix zucchini noodles with avocado dressing in a separate bowl. Heat olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add corn, salt, paprika, and pepper. Stir until corn is bright yellow. Next, add marinated shrimp (lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper) with sauteed corn for 2 minutes and flip shrimp. Finally, serve sauteed corn and shrimp carefully over zucchini noodles.
More Spiralized dishes to try
- Roasted Spiralized Vegetable and Quinoa Bowl – This is a great veggie bowl option full of grains
- Spiralized Potatoes with Parmesan and Garlic – Heat oil over medium heat and add potato noodles. In addition add garlic powder, salt, rosemary, and pepper. Toss and serve.
- Carrot Noodles with Chicken and Peanut sauce – Heat oil over medium heat; add spiralized carrot noodles with chicken, scallions, and peanut sauce. Mix together and serve.
- One skillet Cheesy Taco Zucchini Skillet – Here is a healthy spin on tacos. Add zucchini noodles with ground turkey, black beans, corn, avocado, and cheese. Mix together and serve.
- The Ultimate Spiralized Vegetable Wrap – Lay out your wrap, spread hummus, avocado, and tomato slices. Add spiralized cucumbers, carrots, and beets. Next, add spinach and sprouts. Carefully roll the wrap and serve.
10. Bacon and Shrimp Zucchini Noodle Scampi – Add zucchini noodles in a large skillet over medium heat with bacon, garlic, red pepper, shallots, and shrimp. Flip shrimp and toss with noodles before serving the dish.
11. Brussel Sprouts, Kale, and Lentil Sweet Potato Noodle Bowl – Cook lentils with a bay leaf and simmer until tender. Add shredded Brussel sprouts and sweet potato noodles together. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Lastly, add kale until it is wilted then serve to others.
12. Vegetable Noodle Salad with Roasted Chickpeas – First, roast your chickpeas and add spiralized noodles of butternut squash and sweet potatoes. Moms don’t forget to season your salad and add a dressing.
13. Chicken Zucchini Noodle Soup – Place chicken thighs and bay leaves in chicken broth, let come to a boil. Cook soup for 30 minutes and remove bones and bay leaves before adding zucchini noodles.
14. Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers – Simmer chicken in a saucepan over high heat. Hence, while the chicken cooks add curry mix, greek yogurt, salt, pepper, celery, and raisins. Therefore, you can stir it together and add the spiralized cucumbers. Finally, after simmering on the stove serve into bowls.