Why the plain waffle is popular
Eggs, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, and yogurt. Somewhere a family is eating this for breakfast right now. However, of course, sausage and bacon are considered a part of a breakfast regimen as well. In fact, doctors tell us all the time that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So what breakfast staple is pretty much found on any breakfast and brunch menu anywhere? The plain waffle is one of the most popular breakfasts on the menu. It can be fluffy, crispy, or sweet depending on the way that you like it. Thankfully, there are so many different recipes and ways you can change it.
The many options and toppings
If you love plain waffles then you skip this section altogether. There are so many choices of toppings that you can add to your waffle! In fact, after reading this article you may be ready to go to brunch or be creative and make your own waffles with savory toppings. Here are a few fun toppings to try:
- Whipped Cream – First, a favorite topping that is simple and light.
- Fresh fruit – Why not be healthy? Next, add small pieces of fresh fruit right on top.
- Ice cream – Yes, this is one of the best toppings ever and tastes so good always.
- Powdered sugar – It’s light and easy to sprinkle on any waffle.
- Butter – You can’t have a waffle without one of the most popular toppings of all time.
- Maple syrup – You can never forget the most important topping to cover the waffle.
- Peanut Butter – When you think of a creamy, sweet, and sticky topping this is the one.
- Chocolate Chips – A perfect topping that you can sprinkle on a waffle that is popular.
- Almond butter – A new healthy option that is sweet and starting to gain popularity.
- Cinnamon sugar and butter – Why not mix these two together? Sprinkle it and layer it on.
- Nutella – This is a chocolate and hazelnut spread that tastes amazing when spread.
- Chopped Nuts – It doesn’t matter what nuts you use but it is a great topping for waffles.
- Tuna salad – First, add lettuce leaves on top and add tuna salad for a unique taste.
- Scrambled Eggs – This topping is for the ultimate brunch lover who wants it all together.
- Avocado – A great vegan option that is healthy and tastes amazing as a spread.
- Sauteed Spinach – Why not be creative and add those healthy greens with your waffle?
- Pork Barbecue – Yes, why not end on an interesting topping that blows your mind.
You have so many choices. Thankfully, there are endless options to put on your waffle. When you think of breakfast you cannot forget one of the easiest breakfast staples. No matter what time it is you can always make a waffle popped in a toaster or pouring it in an iron. For more delicious ideas go to www.delishably.com