We all spend a lot of money on food, but how much of it gets thrown away because it got buried in the back of the fridge or freezer. Better yet it spoiled or we end up buying double and triple of things because we have no idea what we have. Here are 5 easy tips to help keep your freezer/ fridge more organized and save you time when it comes to meal planning and grocery shopping.
• Create an inventory sheet with slash marks of all the items in your freezer and how many you have of each. Post it on your fridge or near by for quick reference. Turn the slash marks into X’s as you use the items up.
• To keep track of fruits and vegetables have a small dry erase board on the fridge that lists all the fruits and veggies as they get eaten erase that item of the board.
• To help contain smaller containers (cottage cheese, cream cheese etc.) and save space put a lazy Susan in the corner on the top shelf.
• Designate an area in the fridge for leftovers, so you know exactly where to find them.
• Use small baskets to separate items in the freezer.