Welcome Fall and all things Pumpkin!
I love everything pumpkin! Fall is my favorite season and maybe that is due to the fact that I celebrate my birthday and my favorite holiday (Halloween!) during this time of year. I have even thrown myself several pumpkin-themed birthday parties over the years which means I have tried out a TON of different pumpkin recipes. Don’t get stuck on the idea that all you can make with pumpkins is pumpkin pie. There are so many possibilities! I would like to share some of my favorites and also a few I’ve been dying to try.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies — Of course this is at the top of my list! These are a classic that I like to make all year long. Who said that pumpkin is limited only to the Fall?
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips — Speaking of pumpkin and chocolate chips, how about trying this decadent quick bread? It also has peanut butter which, strangely enough, works with the other flavors.
- Mini Pumpkin Pie Croissants — The thing I like about these rolls is that they are SO easy! They work for breakfast, a snack, or side for a meal. They are sweet but not overly sweet.
- Honey Butter Pumpkin Dinner Rolls — Speaking of rolls, here’s another recipe I’ve been dying to try. I think it would make a great side for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake — Okay, so two of my favorite things are pumpkin pie and cheesecake so I just had to try this recipe. I made this recipe for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and it was so good! Very, very rich (like I could only eat one slice) but good.
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie — And for you traditionalists out there, here is a traditional pumpkin pie recipe that you can’t go wrong with.
- Dinner in a Pumpkin — My mom made this meal every Halloween night and it was such a fun tradition! There are some variations of this recipe but this one is my favorite.
- Harvest Pumpkin Soup — I think that we sometimes forget that pumpkins can be used for savory dishes as well. I love a good bowl of soup in the fall and this recipe is a winner.
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits — I love the combination of gingersnaps and pumpkins! This is a great no-bake dessert option.
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles — Another great mash-up is the combination of pumpkin with the classic snickerdoodle cookies.
- Perfect Pumpkin Seeds — Don’t forget about the seeds! I never liked eating pumpkin seeds until I tried this recipe. You can also try some variations for seasoning them such as cinnamon and sugar or garlic salt.
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donut Holes — I have yet to make any pumpkin donuts but it is on my to-do list! These ones look especially delightful and I like that they are baked and not fried.
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts with Maple Glaze — Here’s a donut recipe with a maple glaze that looks absolutely scrumptious.
- Pumpkin Dump Cake — This is a recipe that a roommate shared with me years ago and I was amazed out how easy it was to make! It is definitely a good one to have on hand when you are feeding a large group of people.
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal — How about pumpkin for breakfast? My husband has been eating a lot of oatmeal lately so this is one that I’ve been wanting to try.
- Pumpkin Waffles — Another breakfast classic with a twist. If adapted slightly, this would also be a great recipe for pumpkin pancakes.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles — I’ve been looking for an excuse to make these. Perhaps for a fall bridal or baby shower?
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate — I love a warm drink on a chilly autumn night! This recipe only has 3 ingredients and is super easy to make.
- Skinny Pumpkin Pie Dip — For those of you on a diet that still want to get their pumpkin fix, try out this easy dip recipe. Perfect for dipping pretzels, gingersnaps, apples, or graham crackers.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting — I have to end with a recipe that is somewhat nostalgic. My mother used to make this recipe growing up so I have some fond memories of it. And anything with cream cheese frosting is a winner in my book!
Any other pumpkin recipes that you absolutely love?