Want to keep your kids smiling at school? Remind them how much you love them by making their lunches special! Here are a few quick and simple ways to make your kids feel special at lunch time!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, see our disclosure.
A New Take On the Lunchbox Note
It’s time to up our note game! Instead of just writing “I love you,” try something new!
- Be specific! Everyday write something new that you love about your child. For example, “I love that you are kind, compassionate, energetic, cuddly,” etc…
- Leave your child a joke! Keep a children’s joke book handy or bookmark a page with silly jokes for kids. Jot down a new joke each morning and slip in your child’s lunchbox.
- Instead of a note, try a drawing! I like to draw pictures of my kids doing an activity they enjoy. Oh, and you don’t have to be an artist for this either-a stick figure labeled with their name works just fine.
- Give them something to look forward to! If you are doing something fun after school, write them a reminder note. “Don’t forget, we are going to a new park after school!”
- Have someone else write the note. If mom is the one who normally writes the note, have dad or big brother write it instead. You could even ask grandparents or aunts and uncles to pitch in too!
Make Food Fun!
If you aren’t a note person, make the lunchbox special by making the food fun! This is easily done. You don’t need to be a gourmet chef or spend a ton of time turning your child’s lunch into art. Here are a few simple ideas
- Draw a face on their banana with a permanent marker
- Draw a smiley face on their sandwich baggie. You can even add google eyes if you have them
- Buy large cookie cutters and cut their sandwiches into fun shapes.
- Arrange their food to look like a smiley face.
It’s All in the Details
Adding little details in your child’s lunchbox can make them feel special.
- Buy an assortment of napkins-different colors, patterns, and themes. Slip a different one in each day. It’s a simple thing, but your child will look forward to this small surprise.
- Little kids love stickers and chances are, you already have a stash! Add a new sticker in their lunchbox every day. Whether you stick it on their plastic sandwich container or plastic baggie, or leave it with the back still on so they can wear it after lunch, it’s sure to be a hit.
Now that you have some ideas at the ready, it’s time to get packing! Your kids will love sharing their special surprises with their friends at the lunch table.