Do you have a cleaning product you are particularly fond of? For me… it’s ZAP. It’s a fabulous product that for the life of me, I cannot find anymore. Does anyone know where I can find some ZAP? I used to be able to pick it up at the grocery store but no longer. ZAP was my best bathroom friend. It kicked hard water’s butt. Alas, ZAP and I are to forever be parted.
The moral of the story? If you find a cleaning product you love, stock up! That’s right, hoard it.*
Cleaning products are on my mind because today begins the staging part of selling my house. Anyone have any advice on how to get your home clean and de-personalized? My husband doesn’t believe me that our home will sell better if we move all of the furniture out of the bedroom except the bed. But come on, I watch HDTV. I know a small room with lots of big furniture = no sale.
Here are some of the cleaning products I would be lost without:
- Powdered Cascade – not just for dishes. Cascade and warm water is the magical formula for cleaning blinds, walls, and baseboards. I have one box for my dishes and one for house cleaning
- Clorox wipes – How did we live before these? I don’t recommend Lysol wipes because they leave a residue. Clorox Citrus are my favorite. Good for walls, floors, fridge, outer toilet, sinks, counters… you name it.
- Pledge Clean & Dust (Citrus) – The best stuff for dusting because it cleans too. Also it smells SO good! Good on any wood surface or anything else you dust. Don’t use on knick-knacks or computer/TV screens. Do use on stainless steal, leather, marble, and granite.
- Magic Erasers – I hope you have all discovered just how magical these are. Great for scuff marks, oven vent grease, walls, sinks, bathtubs, removing crayon, marker, or pen from any hard surface.
- Soft Scrub – Great for sinks, tubs, toilets (inside and out – if you drain it first), oven surfaces, anything greasy.
What are your favorites?
*This is the only time you’ll get hoarding advice from the Organized Moms so… don’t expect this to happen again.