It’s that time of year to dust off favorite holiday recipes and enjoy some sweet holiday treats. Here are three of my family’s favorites!
Candy Cane Cookies
These cookies are a holiday staple in my house. My kids love to help roll out the dough, shape them, and sprinkle on the crushed candy cane. With a delicious blend of almond and peppermint flavor, these are sure to be a hit in your house, too!
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup shortening
- powdered sugar 1 cup
- 1 egg
- almond extract -1 1/2 t.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red food coloring
- sugar–1/2 cup
- ½ cup finely crushed candy canes
- Mix butter/margarine, shortening, powdered sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add salt and flour.
- Divide dough in half. Mix red food coloring in one half of dough. Leave the other half white.
- Roll out one small red ball of dough and one small white ball of dough into 4-inch ropes on a floured surface. Twist the two ropes together and shape into a candy cane.
- Cook at 375 degrees for around 9 minutes.
- Mix sugar and crushed candy canes. While cookies are still hot, sprinkle this mixture on the top.
If you are searching for a quick and easy recipe, look no further! This festive popcorn treat is a great addition to your holiday snack line-up.
- ¾ lb. of white almond bark
- 3 T peanut butter
- 14 cups of popcorn
- 3 cups of crisped rice cereal
- 1 to 2 cups peanuts
- red and green sprinkles
- Melt together almond bark and peanut butter.
- Mix popcorn with crisped rice cereal and peanuts.
- Pour melted mixture over popcorn mixture and stir.
- Add red and green sprinkles.
- Spread out on wax paper and cool for 2 hours.
There is nothing better than sinking your teeth into a delicious chocolate chip cookie—except maybe sinking your teeth into a cookie loaded with M&M’s! This chocolate chip cookie recipe has been modified to include red and green M&M’s to give it some holiday flare.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- baking soda 1 tsp.
- salt 1 tsp.
- butter 1 tsp.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz. package red and green M&M’s
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Mix in M &Ms.
- Scoop small balls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
I hope you and your family enjoy one or all of these sweet treats as you celebrate this holiday season!
Share and join us on social media!