Attention all mothers! What is the best all-purpose cleaner? Lysol, Mr. Clean, Pine-Sol, or baking soda? I’ll give you two seconds. If you said sodium bicarbonate or baking soda then you are absolutely correct. In fact, baking soda is the rock star all-purpose cleaner on the market. Surprisingly, it has many purposes. Although it can do a lot more than sit in the back of your refrigerator. As a mom, it is important to use a safe cleaner. Thankfully, there are many things you can use to clean household items and places in your home.
14 ways to use baking soda when cleaning at home:
1. Laundry – Add 1 cup of baking soda in addition to the laundry detergent to clean and brighten your clothes.
2. Grease on dishes – You can remove residue from dirty dishes by sprinkling baking soda in hot water. It cuts grease easily after soaking in water.
3. Your teeth – Baking soda is the most affordable whitener you can use that really works. Mix baking soda with water to create a paste.
4. Deodorize your drains – If you are tired of the funky smells coming from your drains just sprinkle a little baking soda and a little of vinegar. It will combat the odors.
5. Cleaning the oven – Make a paste of ½ of baking soda and water. Use gloves to spread inside your oven especially greasy areas. Lastly, use vinegar to create a foam and wipe accordingly.
6. Clean your stove – This is an excellent cleaner for your stove to remove buildup and residue. Remove the paste with water and continue to wipe dry.
7. Polish stainless steel – Who knew baking soda could bring the shine back to stainless steel? Sprinkle baking soda and buff carefully for a beautiful polish.
8. Cleans your beauty brushes and combs – Submerge your brushes and combs in water with a solution of baking soda. It removes the buildup of oil and residue.
9. Removes stains from plastic containers – Baking soda can remove the stains from plastic containers. Let the baking soda dissolve in warm water and wipe.
10. Scrub bathroom surfaces – It’s a safe cleaner but can clean all surfaces from shower surfaces to cleaning the bathroom sink.
11. Cleans the kitchen floor – Use ½ cup of baking soda and mix with water to clean tile floors.
12. Cleans cloth diapers – If you do not use disposable diapers baking soda will absolutely give cloth diapers a good clean.
13. Absorbs toilet odors – Sprinkle baking soda in the toilet and let it sit to absorb bathroom odors.
14. Deodorize garbage cans and disposals – When faced with odors sprinkling a little of baking soda is the key to eliminating odors.