Women spend a lot of time worrying about their weight, thinking about their weight, and trying to lose weight. While its great to want to do things to help you get healthy, there is also a lot of time wasted. Hopefully, these tips will help you get your life back, while still working towards your goals!
- Find time to exercise in snippets. There was a study once that showed three, ten minute bouts of exercise was as effective for people losing weight one thirty minute session. Sometimes these small pieces of exercise are easier to fit in during the day, than trying to get out of the house for a thirty minute workout.
- Have water easily available. For effective weight loss, you should be drinking at least a gallon of water per day. One thing that made this easy for me, and saved on time and hassle was to purchase my water in a gallon jug. I take one out every day, and drink from it till it’s gone. No measuring and no remembering how much I drank, because once the gallon is gone, I know I’ve reached my goal.
- Take your vitamins! While I never recommend replacing meals or foods with supplements, it’s not always convenient to eat fish each day, or eat spinach. A good multi-vitamin, as well as a fish oil pill, can fill in the gaps and truly help you lose weight.
- Plan your meals ahead of time. This is especially vital for busy moms watching their weight. A busy mom often turns to unhealthy foods when they are famished and short on time. Planning ahead gives you more options when you open that fridge and keeps you on track.
- Get the whole family on board. If you are on a smart weight loss program (eating whole foods) it is usually a great eating plan for all members of the family. Just because you might be doing it to lose weight, doesn’t mean the whole family isn’t going to benefit from eating Tilapia and green beans for dinner. Don’t make two different meals, feed your family the healthy food you are eating, and everyone will feel great! There is no need to talk with your kids about the way you are eating is because you are trying to lose weight. You and your family are eating better, so you all can be healthier is a better message.
So, throw the excuses out the window, and get on a program your whole family can participate in. It doesn’t need to consume your free time, and it doesn’t need to be hard.