If you are familiar with cleaning grease off dishes then Dawn dish soap is probably your best friend. Although, there are many choices for dishwashing detergent nothing stands out like Dawn. Thankfully, Dawn is amazing with cleaning pots, pans, flatware, and dishes. Did I mention it cuts grease? So why is Dawn so important?
Let’s go back to 1989 at the site of Exxon Valdez spill at Prince William Sound, Alaska. As 11 million gallons of crude oil spilled into the Pacific ocean only one dish soap saved many animals trapped in the thick oil. Yes, Dawn dish soap was the soap to save many birds and seals. In fact, the ingredients are so effective that it removed the grease and never harmed the birds or their skin. Dawn is so important that it effectively raises money for many wildlife groups. However, Dawn has many other amazing ways that make it stand out as the best dish soap. There are many uses and ways Dawn is effective.
7 reasons why you should use Dawn Dish soap
- Homemade Bubbles – If you are washing dishes I’m sure you have seen the bubbles. Guess what if you mix ½ cup of ultra Dawn, 1/2 gallon of warm water, and 1 tablespoon of white Karo syrup you get big homemade bubbles.
- Multi-purpose household cleaner – Who knew Dawn could clean your house? One drop of Dawn soap in 8 ounces of water is perfect for cleaning sinks, bathroom counters, bathtubs, and toilets. Lastly, it’s the best cleaner since baking soda.
- Use as dog shampoo – Did you know that Dawn kills fleas on contact? Thankfully, it’s less expensive and is safe to use on your dogs.
- Glass cleaner – Dawn works amazing when cleaning your windows. In fact, you can also use it to clean your eyeglasses.
- Oily stains on your clothes – Just like baking soda Dawn can clean your clothes. For the hard stains like lipstick, grease, and motor oil just put a little of the Dawn dish soap and scrub lightly into the stain and wash.
- Unclogging toilets – Now you can bypass those harsh cleaners to unclog your toilet. First, pour a cup full of Dawn dish soap directly into your toilet and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Next, after 15 minutes follow up with a bucket full of hot water and the toilet will unclog.
- Repels insects and ants – This is the safe way to protect your plants and repel a trail of ants. First, pour one drop of the dish soap and mix with water in a spray bottle. Make sure to mist your plants and spray on ants. Yes, you will eliminate those pests.