Tired of making pizza rolls in the oven for them not to come out crispy enough for you? Well, then you absolutely must learn How to Make Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer! They’ll turn out toasty, crispy, and hot every time.
Bites of pizza wrapped up in a tiny air fried pizza pocket. Pizza bites are usually stuffed with mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce or pizza sauce.
If your kids love pizza rolls as an afternoon snack, they’ll totally need this Air Fryer hack for perfect, crispy pizza rolls every.single.time! Pizza rolls are great for appetizers, party finger foods, snacks, and more.
Making these pizza rolls in the Air Fryer is healthier than making them in the deep fryer. You have to use wayyyyy less oil and way less guilt.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- super easy to make pizza rolls this way
- perfect texture every time
- ready in just a few minutes
- simple after school snack
- no hot oven to deal with- the Air Fryer is safer for teens to use if needed
All you need is your Air Fryer, nonstick cooking spray, and a bag of pizza rolls! Super simple.
If you want to make your own pizza rolls, go for it, but we are aiming for simplicity here and are using frozen pizza rolls. Totino’s pizza rolls are always a hit, but feel free to use whatever brand you want for your air fry pizza rolls.
How to Make Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
This Air Fryer Pizza Rolls recipe is ridiculously easy.
- Grab your frozen pizza rolls or make your homemade ones according to your pizza roll recipe.
- Spray the rolls and put them in the basket of the fryer.
- Heat to 380F and cook for 7 minutes.
- When there’s 3 minutes left, remove the basket, give it a good shake so the rolls toss around and the other side can cook, and continue cooking for the remaining 3 minutes. Check doneness and adjust for more time if necessary.
- Dump the rolls on a plate or use tongs to remove your quick snack. Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
Leftover pizza rolls should be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
To reheat them pop them back in the Air Fryer basket and reheat them for a few minutes until they’re warmed all the way through. Do NOT use the microwave or they’ll be soggy.
Once you’ve cooked the pizza rolls once you shouldn’t refreeze them since you cooked them from frozen the first time. You don’t want to repeat the process as the food will lose quality a lot faster the second time around and may not be safe.
Tips and Variations
- You can enjoy these pizza rolls by themselves or serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. You can dip these rolls in marinara sauce, pizza sauce, ranch dressing, or even garlic butter or garlic dipping sauce. The options are endless, feel free to use your imagination.
- If you don’t want to dunk the rolls in sauce, you can use a pastry brush to brush some sauce on in an even layer.
- Depending on how many pizza rolls you add to the fryer, you may need to increase the cooking time. Always check the doneness of your rolls before enjoying them. Just because they turn a golden brown, doesn’t always mean this easy snack is done. Read the label on your specific brand of rolls and don’t hesitate to add an extra minute or two if they need more cook time. If you check on them and they look like they’re done, your brand may need less time. Use your own judgment to make the best educated guess on the cooking process.
- This truly is the easiest way to make these. If you want to eat them alone, that’s a great option. Or, you can serve these air-fried pizza rolls with any of your other favorite finger foods like hot pockets, mozzarella sticks, or even your favorite pasta board or the new craze- the butter boards.
- Remember that these rolls will be EXTREMELY hot when you remove them from the fryer. As tempting as it is to just dig in with some extra pizza sauce right as you dump them out fo the basket, you really need to wait a few minutes to let them cool down so you don’t burn the roof of your mouth when you take the first bite.
- You can jazz these bites up, just like you do a slice of pizza. Feel free to sprinkle some garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, or parmesan cheese on top.
Why didn’t all my pizza rolls cook?
If all of your pizza rolls didn’t cook and you used the appropriate cook time than most often this happens because the basket was overcrowded.
Any time you’re cooking anything in the Air Fryer, always leave room around the food in the Air Fryer basket or tray.
Never pile food in, always place rolls and other items in a single layer. The Air Fryer needs room to be able to circulate the hot air around too appropriately cook the food.
If your food is too close together or in a mound or pile, it will cook unevenly. Some pieces will be cooked and others will still be frozen. Take your time and work in batches if needed to ensure that everything gets cooked properly and is safe to consume.
Now that you can see just how simple it is to make mini pizza rolls in the Air Fryer, we hope you get the chance to try them out! In just 10 minutes you’ll have them ready, waiting and cooling down.