A friend of mine recently had a post on her blog about a poster she saw that said “Keep Calm and Carry On”. She mentioned that it is quickly becoming her motto for her life, and it got me thinking that having a motto or a quote that inspires you is a very good thing!
Having something like this in your home, as your screen saver, as your computer background, on a post-it in the bathroom or in the car… the list can go on and on, can really motivate you and keep you on track! Do you ever feel like you are losing your mission? Do you not even have a personal mission statement? Really this is one thing that you can do to really get you going everday, and concentrating on the things that are actually important to you! I hate to sound like a Franklin Covey seminar, but a personal mission or motto is really important to have in your life. I have had a mission statement for a while, but haven’t thought about a personal quote or motto. My mission statement is …
I am a loving wife and mother who does everything she can to make sure her family is healthy and happy. I try to live my live as Christ would. I value knowledge and organization and strive to instill these values into my children.
So here are some quotes that I love and am contemplating as my own personal motto…
- “By small and simple things are great things brought to pass” Alma 37:6
- “We must not…ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences we often can not foresee.” – Marian Write Edelman
- “Take all the swift advantage of the hours.” – William Shakespeare
- “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- “The past is behind, learn from it. The future is ahead, prepare for it. The present is here, live it.” – President Thomas S. Monson
- “Stand a little taller” – President Gordon B. Hinckley
- “It is within families that truth is best learned, integrity is cultivated, self-discipline is instilled, and love is nurtured.” – President Gordon B. Hinckley
Do you have family mottos? I’d love to hear it!