Want to make a delicious dinner for the whole family that everyone will actually love? Then you must make these fantastic Ground Beef Quesadillas! Tasty ground beef covered in your favorite taco seasoning, with the most flavorful sauteed onions and bell peppers, smothered in delicious Mexican shredded cheese all wrapped up tightly in yummy flour tortillas- trust me, these cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas are sure to be a hit!
It’s a sheet pan recipe, so you know clean up will be easy, that’s like talking magic in a house full of messy kids! With some many great options to add into your homemade quesadillas, there’s no way anybody can complain. Everyone can pick their favorite quesadilla ingredients and they can be made easily in one pan.
This sheet pan oven baked beef quesadilla is a great alternative to make when everyone is tired of the classic and delicious cheesy quesadilla!
Why You Need To Make This Quesadilla Recipe
- Making a big batch on a sheet pan is always so much EASIER than making individual ones
- Faster to make a bunch at once
- Perfect for busy weeknights when you need dinner fast
- You only need 6 simple ingredients, no long trip to the grocery store
Here’s all you need to make these easy quesadillas:
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning – store bought or homemade taco seasoning will work
- Sautéed onions
- Sauteed bell peppers
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make Ground Beef Quesadillas
First, preheat the oven to 425F.
In a small saucepan, sauté your onions and bell pepper in a little bit of olive oil until soft and onions are translucent. Once down, set aside in a bowl.
Add ground meat to a pan and brown. Drain grease and rinse meat.
Return ground beef filling to pan and add the taco seasoning with water as needed. Stir and remove from heat.
In a large sheet pan, layer 6 large tortillas so they overlap each other and lay across the sides of the pan.
Layer the cheese, meat, and veggies on top of the tortillas. Add more cheese as needed.
Fold tortillas in towards the center so they’re not laying on the rim of the sheet pan anymore. Add one in the center to close it all up.
Heres’s what it looks like folded:
Place a second sheet pan on top of the folded quesadillas. This helps crisp the tops of the tortillas and helps ensure everything stays closed up.
Bake sheet pan quesadillas for 25-30 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes before slicing as they will be very hot and cheese may ooze out when cutting.
Leftover oven baked beef quesadillas should be stored in an airtight container or a ziptop bag in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Additionally, you can freeze leftovers in a freezer-safe container for up to 2-3 months.
Tips and Variations
- If you’re feeling up for something different, you can use soft corn tortillas instead of flour ones. I find that flour ones seem to hold up better when making a cheesy quesadilla though.
- You can absolutely change out the cheese blends. I used a Mexican blend of shredded cheese, but you can use whatever cheese blend you and your family prefer. Mozzarella cheese mixed with Monterey Jack, pepper jack, and cheddar cheese sounds like a great combination to try out.
- You can line the baking sheet with some parchment paper or spray it with nonstick cooking spray before laying down the large tortillas, as it may help prevent the quesadilla from sticking to the pan.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use any ground meat- try ground turkey, ground chicken, or ground pork.
What should you serve with this sheet pan recipe?
The options are endless! This can be your new go to “Taco Tuesday” dish when you want something other than tacos.
Make a few side dishes like refried beans, black beans, pinto beans, Spanish rice, corn salsa, or serve this easy quesadilla recipe with a basket of chips, salsa, and homemade guacamole, and you have a whole meal ready to go in no time.
These cheesy beef quesadillas would also be absolutely irresistible with a side of this Mexican Bean and Rice Skillet – another one pot meal that is to die for.
What can I add?
Have some flavor loving family? Feel free to add anything you like to your ground beef quesadilla recipe! Want some heat? Try jalapenos or red pepper flakes added to your meat mixture. You can add different fillings to craft the perfect quesadilla.
Feel free to add in some diced chicken breast, mushrooms, and other seasonings like garlic, onion powder, ground cumin, etc.
Garnish with some fresh cilantro and serve with salsa, guac, pico de gallo, or sour cream for dipping! Add a squirt of lime juice for a little extra flavor.
As you can see, making your own Ground Beef Quesadillas in a sheet pan has never been so easy! If your family is a huge fan of quesadillas, then you absolutely need to add this to your meal plan and make dinner time easier with this easy dinner recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 7 large tortillas
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Sautéed onions and bell peppers
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425.
Sauté onions and peppers in a little bit of olive oil until soft and set aside in a bowl.
- Add meat to pan, Brown and drain.
- Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water to pan. Be sure to cook it down until the meat mixture is thick, we don't want too much liquid!
- Layer 6 large tortillas overlapping on a sheet pan.
- Later with cheese, meat, veggies and more cheese.
- Fold over the tortillas and place one in the center to close it up.
- Place a second sheet pan on the top, this will help crisp the top and keep everything together.
- Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Allow to cool before cutitng and serving.
Feel free to add other toppings and seasonings! Just be careful thatt you don't add anything with too much liquid, or your quesadillas will not be crispy!