Flakey, sweet cinnamon rolls with a gooey, cinnamon sugar center cooked to perfection with a golden brown crust. That’s what you’ll get every single time once you learn How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer!
Give the oven the morning off and watch how fast your Air Fryer can turn your refrigerated cinnamon rolls into rolls of deliciousness. If you love delicious cinnamon rolls and want to make them even faster and with the perfect texture, this recipe was created just for you.
Why You’ll Love This Easy Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- No need to turn on the oven for this sweet treat
- This easy breakfast can be made pretty fast
- You can use homemade cinnamon rolls or refrigerated prepackaged cinnamon rolls
- Feel free to make these for breakfast, brunch, a quick snack, or even post dinner dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth
Love cinnamon rolls and want another fantastic breakfast recipe? Then you need to check out this Apple Cinnamon Roll recipe made from canned biscuits.
You only need 2 simple things to make this easy recipe.
- Cinnamon Rolls – either homemade or the refrigerated premade kind
- Nonstick cooking spray- you can choose whatever variety you like. Avocado oil spray, coconut oil spray, olive oil spray, etc.
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer
- If making your own homemade cinnamon rolls, make them according to your own recipe. If using the refrigerated, premade kind, remove them from the tube.
- Use your cooking spray to spray the basket or tray of your Air Fryer.
- Place cinnamon rolls in the basket evenly. Make sure they have enough room between them to spread a bit while baking.
- Set the icing aside for now.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 8 minutes at 360 degrees F.
- Check on them around 7 minutes and see how they’re doing. Adjust time as necessary.
- Remove from the Air Fryer basket with tongs if needed.
- Using an angled spatula or butter knife, spread the icing on each cinnamon roll while still warm.
- Serve and enjoy.
The best way to store any leftovers is in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
You can keep leftovers at room temperature for 2-3 days, or you can store your leftover cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Reheating your cinnamon rolls is just as easy as it was to make them. For best results, just pull your Air Fryer back out and warm them back up in the Air Fryer.
We prefer this method over the microwave because this way you always ensure that your cinnamon roll has the perfect texture.
- Remember to leave enough space in between the rolls so they have room to expand as they bake.
- Depending on the size of your cinnamon rolls, and the size of your Air Fryer, you may need to work in batches. If you are making larger cinnamon rolls, don’t forget to leave room between them and work in batches so they all bake evenly and properly.
- Don’t overcrowd your Air Fryer basket and always place them in a single layer so you end up with fluffy cinnamon rolls and not little hard pucks.
- The amount of cooking time required to air fry cinnamon rolls may vary from model of fryer to other models. Use this recipe as a base to work from as you check on yours. You want the bottoms to cook and the tops to bake and turn golden brown without drying anything out or burning. Start checking your rolls at the 7 minute mark. We find 8-10 minutes to be our Air Fryer sweet spot for the best warm cinnamon rolls, but other Air Fryers may need another 1-2 minutes to cook them, or if you like your cinnamon rolls a little more crispy.
- To jazz up your storebought cinnamon roll dough, add some melted butter to the top of the rolls before you put the Air Fryer basket into the Air Fryer
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of the cinnamon roll before you lather it with your icing or glaze to create the perfect cinnamon roll.
- Make a homemade cream cheese frosting to add to your tube of cinnamon rolls.
- Instead of using a can of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls from the grocery store, you can make your own cinnamon roll dough, filling, and icing.
- Usually, you top your cinnamon buns with a small bowl of icing, frosting, or glaze, instead with these fluffy Air Fryer cinnamon rolls, try sprinkling some powdered sugar on the warm rolls to really set them above the rest.
Are cinnamon rolls better in oven or air fryer?
Great question and this may be up to personal preference.
However, we think the Air Fryer cinnamon rolls are even better than the classic cinnamon rolls you used to make in the conventional oven.
They come out perfect every time in the Air Fryer with a wonderful crispy texture.
Can I use parchment paper or aluminum foil in the Air Fryer?
When making the best Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls, it can be helpful to use a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the basket.
They even make parchment paper that is specifically made for an Air Fryer.
In general, you can use aluminum foil in the Air Fryer, but we tend not to use it when we make cinnamon rolls.
Do I need to flip the cinnamon rolls?
This may vary depending on what Air Fryer you are using. If using a Ninja Foodi they’ll cook on both sides, but other fryers may require you to flip them. If this is your first time making cinnamon rolls in the Air Fryer, we suggest checking at the 4-5 minute mark and see how the tops are looking.
If they’re already looking golden brown like they’re done, flip them over and check the bottoms. If they look like they need a few more minutes, flip them over so the bottoms cook a little more.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Hot Pockets in the Air Fryer
- Mozzarella Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
Now that you see just how simple it is to make these cinnamon rolls in the Air Fryer, make sure to grab a few extra tubes and whip out your Air Fryer anytime you’re in the mood for a sweet cinnamon bun treat.