It doesn’t matter if you’re team alfredo or team spaghetti because, with this Spaghetti Alfredo, you get the best of both worlds! This viral TikTok recipe has been taking over kitchens like crazy. If you’re a pasta lover who loves both red sauce and the creamy alfredo sauce, you’re going to fall in love with this easy pasta dinner dish!
Pasta dishes are hearty, filling, and generally really easy to make. Just like your traditional Chicken Alfredo and Spaghetti with Sausage and Red Sauce, this Spaghetti Alfredo is sure to be a hit with both adults and the kiddos.
We’ve been falling in love with some other TikTok recipes floating around on all the socials too. If you haven’t seen it yet, you need to try this creamy, amazing Butter Board. There’s a reason it’s had millions of views and sooo many people have tried it!
There’s even been a fun trend called a Pasta Board! If you are like me and you love a great recipe with your favorite pasta, then you have to try this board, it combines all your favorite ideas onto one serving platter for you to choose from. Kind of like a buffet all in one place.
Why You’ll Love This Pasta Recipe
- Insanely simple and ready in under an hour
- Easy to scale to make even more servings
- Simple to customize with different meats or other ingredients
- Loved by the whole family – no dinnertime grumbles
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make your pasta dish.
- Spaghetti or linguini
- Ground beef, ground turkey or chicken
- Sweet Italian sausage
- Spaghetti sauce
- Unsalted butter
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
- Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
Alfredo sauce is super easy to make with common ingredients, so we’re going to show you how right now! You could also simply buy pre made Alfredo sauce.
How to Make Spaghetti Alfredo
Fill a large pot with water and add about 3 tablespoons of salt. Bring water to a boil.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Once you have boiling water, add pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or whatever the package instructions say.
In a pan, brown the ground meat of choice.
Once browned, drain off grease and add in pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
Pour spaghetti sauce in. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
While the meat simmers, lets work on the alfredo.
In a separate pan, add the butter and melt it over medium-high heat.
Add in minced garlic and stir and let cook for a minute.
Add in parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Whisk to combine.
Add salt and pepper and whisk until it forms a thick sauce. It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Coat the bottom of an 11×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
Drain pasta if they’re finished cooking according to the package directions. Once strained, add to the prepared baking dish, then add the Alfredo sauce.
Remember, if you’re looking to make this quicker and easier, you can use pre-made Alfredo sauce. Be sure to warm it up before you add it to the pasta however, this will help it bake better.
Add the meat sauce.
Top with mozzarella cheese and Italian cheese blend.
Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and starts to bubble. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Serve and enjoy. Serve with your favorite garlic bread for a nice complete comfort food meal.
For best results, this is one of those kinds of meals like many other pasta recipes, that is best served when you first make it. However, if you wish to keep any leftovers of this simple meal, I suggest storing the sauce mixture with your pasta of choice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How Can I Spice This Up?
While we like this combination pasta just how we made it, you can certainly spice things up if that’s what you’re into. If you like heat, be sure to use Hot Italian sausage in your meat sauce. You can also add some red pepper flakes to your sauce for a nice kick.
What Other Meat Can I Add?
If you like a good classic dish like shrimp alfredo, chicken alfredo, or spaghetti with sausage links or meatballs, feel free to add any of those meat combinations to your pasta alfredo! Juicy shrimp would be lovely with some bite-sized pieces of broccoli, or tender slices of chicken breasts with some fresh parsley as a garnish, would also be delicious in this dish.
There’s so many options and things you can add to this recipe. It really is the perfect dish to make for dinner.
Tips and Variations
Here are a mix of tips to help make this easy recipe even easier. You’ll also see a few other things to try with this easy dinner idea.
- Instead of spaghetti, you can use linguini, fresh pasta, or even fettuccine noodles like you use for fettuccini alfredo. We ended up using linguini when shooting the photos for this recipe.
- Cook your pasta however you like it, al dente, or more soft and floppy like.
- In place of your sweet Italian sausage, you could use mild or hot sausage if you like.
- If you don’t want to use butter you can use nonstick cooking spray.
- If you find that your sauce is a little too thick, add just a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to help thin out the sauce a bit.
- Use tongs to help transfer your pasta with meat and sauce to a serving dish or directly on to your guests plates.
- You can add some other vegetables. Try fresh spinach, mushrooms, and more bell pepper or onion.
- If you like even more creaminess, try a dab of heavy cream or a dollop of cream cheese in your sauce mixture.
- This is a very tasty, rich sauce, so be careful when serving your delicious red creamy sauce mixture.
If you’ve been seeing all those videos float across social media with that incredibly delicious looking Spaghetti Alfredo, now is the time to try your hand at this insanely easy, and ridiculously delicious pasta recipe. Put these simple ingredients on your grocery list and give this yummy recipe a try!
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguini
- 1 pound ground beef, ground turkey or chicken
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (could also use mild or hot)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (any kind)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature or non stick spray
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tbso garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella
- Fill a stock pot with water, add a generous amount of salt (about 3 tbsp) and bring to a boil
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Once the water boils, add in the pasta and cook for 10 mins or according to the package directions.
- Brown meat in pan.
- Drain off the grease and add pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add in spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 min stirring occasionally.
- While the meat sauce simmers, work on the alfredo sauce.
- To a clean pan add in the stick of butter and melt over medium heat
- Add in the minced garlic and stir around for 1 mins
- Whisk in parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
- Add in the salt and pepper and whisk until a thick sauce forms,
- The sauce should coat the back of a spoon.
- To a 11x13 baking dish coat the bottom with soft butter or non stick spray
- Add strained noodles to the dish
- Top with the alfredo sauce
- Then add the meat sauce
- Top the whole dish with Mozzarella or an Italian Cheese blend.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 mins until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use pre-made Alfredo sauce to make this recipe even quicker and easier. Be sure to warm it up in a pot before adding it to the cooked pastas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 926Total Fat: 66gSaturated Fat: 36gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 1287mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 52g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.
And, if this Spaghetti Alfredo pasta recipe is not enough for you, then you should check out this other pasta dish we know you will love if you give it a try. Here’s another creamy pasta recipe- the infamous Creamy Pasta Bake. It’s also loved by the whole family and will surely be a hit around your dinner table.