This adorable orange Halloween Bark is the perfect festive dessert to make for your upcoming Halloween party or festivities. Decorated with multisized candy eyes and your favorite Halloween sprinkles, this bark really is the easiest thing to make!
I know this Halloween Bark will always be a hit at our Halloween parties! It always disappears lightning fast and everyone is always asking for the recipe. If you’re looking for some more great Halloween party treats, no worries, I have you covered!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Ready in under 45 minutes
- Super easy to customize
- Absolutely delicious- loved by both kids and adults
You just need a few simple items to make this Halloween bark recipe:
- Orange Candy Melts
- Black Candy Melts
- Large Candy Eyeballs
- Small Candy Eyeballs
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Paramount Crystals
So what are paramount crystals?
Paramount crystals look like, well crystals, but they are really crystals of fat that are added to things like these chocolate melts to make them much easier to work with, especially if you are new to working with melts and chocolate!
How to Make The Best Halloween Bark Recipe
First, melt your black candy melts according to package instructions in either a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler.
Once melted, add the chocolate to a piping or ziplock bag.
Melt the orange candy melts just as you did the black ones in a medium microwave-safe bowl or double boiler, and add a teaspoon of paramount crystals.
Pour the melted orange candies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Smooth it out so it’s roughly an 1/8″ thick using a rubber spatula or offset spatula.
Cut the tip of the piping bag or zip top bag full of the black candy.
Start in the center of the baking sheet and make a dot, circle out around that dot and continue to go around and around until you’ve reached the edges.
Use a toothpick to drag a line from the center dot out away towards the sides.
Then move to the side of the line you just drew and go back in towards the center dot. Repeat until the whole sheet of bark has this design.
Sprinkle on the large candy eyes, followed by the smaller ones, and then finish off with the Halloween sprinkles.
Chill the bark in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes. You will be able to see that the orange has gotten much darker in color after it has set.
Break apart and enjoy!
Place all your bark candy pieces in an airtight container and store at room temperature. When storing, you can keep it in the refrigerator as well.
Also, you can freeze your bark for later in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 2 months. If storing bark pieces in a layer, you may want to use pieces of parchment paper or wax paper in between layers so things don’t stick together.
Let thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
Tips and Variations
This Halloween Candy Bark recipe is super easy to make- here are a few tips or variations you can try to make this even more simple and delish!
- If you don’t want to use candy melts, you can use melted white chocolate or white chocolate almond bark, instead to make this Halloween Chocolate Bark.
- In place of the black candy melts, you can melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over top of the orange melted candy to craft this easy Halloween dessert.
- Feel free to swap the paramount crystals out for coconut oil.
- You’re not limited to just orange and black candy melts, you can use other colored ones, like purple or green candy melts to change things up!
- You can always make any design on your sweet treat once you’ve smoothed out the melted chocolate on the lined baking sheet.
What else can I add to my Halloween Bark?
Want to dress up your Halloween treats? Feel free to add some mini Halloween candy- mini Reese’s cups, Reese’s pieces, broken kit kats, or any of your other favorite Halloween candies! This is a great way to use up leftover candy that you’re not planning to use for trick-or-treaters to make tasty leftover Halloween candy bark.
You can also add things like semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate pieces, white chocolate chips, etc. Additionally, you could also add small pieces of the candy corn candies, or the candy mini pumpkins.
Broken up pretzel sticks, Oreos, or nuts are all great things to add to make the perfect treat. Really, the options are endless. Whatever you and your kiddos enjoy should work!
More Halloween Fun
- Fun Family Halloween Activities
- Halloween Party Ideas
- Last Minute Costumes for Halloween
- What To Do With Leftover Halloween Candy
- Melt black candy melts according to package instructions
- Add to a piping bag or zip lock bag
- Melt orange candy melts and 1 tsp of paramount crystals or coconut oil to a bow, and melt according to package instructions
- Once smooth, pour out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Smooth out to 1/8" thickness
- Snip the tip of your piping bag (or ziplock bag).
- Starting in the center make a dot.
- Without releasing pressure create a circle around the dot but continue to go around and around until you run out of space.
- Using a toothpick or skewer, start at the center dot and drag the tip away from the center. Move over just a little and drag the tip towards the cent dot.
- Complete this pattern all the way around the bark
- Add large eyes first, then the smaller eyes, and fill in the rest with Halloween Sprinkles
- Allow to chill in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes after decorating. The orange color will be deeper once it has set.
- Break apart and enjoy
There are so many ways to customize this recipe and make it your own.
If you don't want to use candy melts, you can use melted white chocolate or white chocolate almond bark, instead to make this Halloween Chocolate Bark.
In place of the black candy melts, you can melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over top of the orange melted candy to craft this easy Halloween dessert.
Feel free to swap the paramount crystals out for coconut oil.
You're not limited to just orange and black candy melts, you can use other colored ones, like purple or green candy melts to change things up!
You can always make any design on your sweet treat once you've smoothed out the melted chocolate on the lined baking sheet.
Ready to make it? Here is everything you need in one place.
|Wilton 10 oz. Black Candy Melts® Candy, 6-Count||Get it!|
|Wilton Orange Candy Melts Candy, 12 oz, Pack of 6||Get it!|
|Festival Jumbo Candy Eyes Toppers, 2.5 oz||Get it!|
|1 Bottle Candy Eyeballs||Get it!|
|Fancy Sprinkles Limited Edition Halloween Edible Glitter Sprinkle Mix||Get it!|
|Mystic Sprinkles Halloween Sprinkle Mixes||Get it!|
|Mystic Sprinkles Haunted Halloween Sprinkle Mix||Get it!|
|Sweets Indeed Sprinkles - Halloween Sprinkles||Get it!|
|Halloween Sprinkles for Cake Decorating||Get it!|
|Halloween Party Edible Decorations Sprinkle Blends||Get it!|
|CK Products Paramount Melting Crystals||Get it!|